Friday, January 13, 2012

what really matters?

Our greatest fear as individuals should not
be of failure,
but of succeeding at things in life
that don't really matter
-Tim Kizziar




I find myself asking that question every so often.

What really matters in life?

Status, how much money I earn, what great things I accomplish?
Fancy clothes, new cars, lots of friends?
Good looks, college degrees, popularity?

I'm not saying I don't like those things, or even wish for them.
I'm not saying they don't matter.

All I'm saying is I know I forget about the important things in life
and I need to be reminded of what truly matters and lasts.

When I get to the end of my life, what will people say of me?
What difference will I have made in the small time I existed on this earth?
Whatever it is, however big or small, great or ordinary, I want
it to matter and mean something. I want it to last.

Just some thoughts rolling around in my head this Friday morning.
This was one of those weeks, that, well, I wanted to be over since it started.
So much change happening...trying to embrace it with a positive attitude.
I am very excited for this new year and the new things that it holds,
I'm just getting used to all the newness.

Hope you really do enjoy your weekend.
I have finished 3 books so far this year (high fives for me)! Maybe I am on my
way to being a reader again.
But now, I am in need of a new good book.
Please feel free to share suggestions.

Bonte


3 comments:

  1. I just know amazing things are coming your way, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers is one of my all time favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers is one of my all time favorites!!

    ReplyDelete