Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel


Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel
August 1883-January 1971
French fashion designer

I love Coco.
I love the logo.
I love the clothes.
I love the scent.
I love what she did to fashion.
I love the 1920's.
I love the little black dress, 
don't we all?

Here's the lovely lady herself...


As quoted by Chanel, "Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury."

It was in 1926 that the little black dress was born, thanks to Coco Chanel.  It was nicknamed the Ford of Dresses, because the mass appeal rivaled that of the Model T. 




I wear Coco Mademoiselle and just love it. But there is something 
about No. 5 that I just like so much. Maybe it's because it was her first scent. I think i'll wear it one day.

Thanks Gabrielle, for being a fashion inspiration.


Bonte



1 comment:

  1. Lovely! She can be proud for what you wrote about her... "La mode se démode, le style jamais." said Coco Chanel.

    ReplyDelete