Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blue Pea: Guest Post




Hey everyone! It's Gianna from Bluepea!



I'm super excited to be a part of Bonte Rue's fun spring guest post, but first, a little about me.  
I am an Italian girl (can you still call yourself a girl if you're 31??) with an eye for fashion and a love for photography, coffee, animals, food (mostly dessert-in fact I'm currently eating a Cadbury Creme Egg), travel, sunshine and rain (different days)...and apparently I also love parentheses. Jeez.  
When I'm not working my day job (cosmetics at Nordstrom), I am usually doing one of three things: shopping vintage, eating food, or blogging/photographing/instagramming.  Or more recently, doing makeup tutorials:) I shop vintage and occasionally create arts/crafts for my etsy shop, which you can check out here if you're interested!  Here are a few items to tempt you! 




So enough of all that, let's talk SPRING!!

I agree that Spring is one of the best times of year..it's hard to say it's THE absolute best because I also love Fall and Summer, but Spring is definitely a time where I feel the most light and energetic.  I have so many favorite spring things, it's hard to narrow it down, but here goes. In no particular order:

Number 1:
 Planting/gardening/digging!




1/2/3/

I don't understand how some people don't have plants in their homes.  I mean, I've definitely killed my share of greens, but keep at it!  It adds so much character to a home or yard, and the process is totally therapeutic.

Number 2:
Cute wedges.  It's so hard working in retail and not spending what's left of your paycheck at said retailer, but I am currently lusting after these Halogens and might just have to purchase them if the weather ever cooperates.


Number 3:
Self tanner.  And maybe a new set of dark sheets and a black robe to go with it...pshhh, I have a love/hate relationship with self tanners, but I like to have a tan and I'm not into tanning beds, so it is what it is.  I have yet to find one that doesn't transfer onto clothing, so that said, my favorite is St. Tropez foam/mousse.  It's immediate results, but you should probably use a glove with it, because it'll stain your hands beyond belief.  It's good stuff though-I mean, even Lady Gaga uses it soooo..:)

Number 4:
Home redecorating/cleaning/organizing/opening your windows!  I got a little burst of spring energy last night at about 7pm and started reorganizing and cleaning my entire kitchen.  Check out my instagram (search for bluepea) for photos! It just felt so incredible to have the sunlight still shining at that hour, and it was almost warm.  I even rode my bike to the local pizza place after that, without a COAT! That's what I mean about spring energy.  It's like you come out of the cave!!  Especially here in Washington State.  The downside is I woke up today to snow and seriously gusty winds. UGHHHH.

Finally, Number 5:
Get ready! Dog walking. Pedicures. Iced coffee. Car windows down. Skirts without tights! Shorts without tights! Lighter fragrances. Longer, lighter days.  Bike rides.  Hikes.  OUTDOOR BLOG PHOTOS!!  Running outside.  Riding my bike to work and not having to pay for parking. The proximity to summer!  New cocktails.  Fairs and festivals. 

The list could go on and on.  I hope Spring comes soon and stays for more than a day here!  No more snow, seriously.  

Anyways, thank you so much for reading and thanks again to Bonte Rue for having me!  Her blog is super cute and fun :)

Here are my spots:



1 comment: